Job Title: Communications & Relationship Manager/Officer (DOE)
Working For: Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP (Vale of Glamorgan)
Location: Vale of Glamorgan
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The role will be built around the candidate dependent on experience and expertise.
• Good political awareness and judgement.
• Strong networking and relationship skills
• Confident of working in a busy environment and public facing role, with a can do and flexible attitude.
• Excellent organisational skills and a self-starter
• Excellent understanding of communications, press and social media
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an attention to detail
• Strong research, analytical and IT skills
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative and Unionist Party
Responsibilities will vary, depending on experience of the candidate but could include:
• Developing, manage and implement a community action plan
• Manage arrangements for meetings with members of the public, businesses and community groups
• Support the MP with his key agenda and parliamentary outreach
• Develop and support social media and online presence for the MP
• Produce regular reports for circulation to constituents
• Assist with arrangements for events and diary management
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Monitor media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues
• Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public
• There will be a requirement for the successful candidate to work from time to time outside normal office hours and on weekends.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 February 2022
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Alun.firstname.lastname@example.org